I Job Summary
The Gender and inclusive Development Officer under the general directives and strategic directions of the project will be responsible for Coordinating, implementing, monitoring and reporting Gender equality and women empowerment Program in the day – to- day operation of the project, giving support to woreda project coordinators and follow up the project work.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating, implementing, monitoring and reporting Gender equality and women empowerment Program
- Conduct community based dialogues and facilitate on women and girls right and gender equality
- Organize and facilitate community dialogues and girls on women leadership and empowerment to enhance their engagement of social, economic and political participation
- Organize and facilitate different capacity building training and workshops for key stakeholders on women‘s right and girls empowerment and create awareness about gender equality and rights among the local community
- Maintains regular communication and interaction with government office partners to facilitate and promote learning and information sharing,
- Document best practices and compile lessons learnt to ensure documentation, learning and advocacy
- Support project coordinator in activities that need to be performed to promote gender right.
- Write report the activities performed in your position and Ensure timely and complete reporting from the wereda level to the lead organization project coordinator
- Establish links and good relationships with relevant government offices/authorities and with partner NGO’s in the area to ensure collaboration and visit their work
- Liaisons the grass root program activities with Local Administration, partner NGOs and CBOs
- Develop teaching materials and organize Community education programs
III. Job Requirements
Qualifications and requirements:
- College education in gender studies or Community development and related fields
- At least two years of Experience in women empowerment orientation
- Knowledge and experience of women right instruments
- Excellent communication skill
- Strong motivation to promote women’s issue.
- Experience in developing and delivering training programs
- Ability to work with divers groups of people